January 13, 2020
How I Use Goodreads
Are you a Goodreads Novice, Newbie, or a Pro?
Are you interested in learning more about Goodreads or in picking up some tips?
In this post, I promise that you will find the answers to at least two FAQ about Goodreads:
- How do I shelve books that I do not finish (DNF) so that they don’t show up as read or in my Goodreads challenge total? Part two to the same question: How do I make an Exclusive shelf?
- Why doesn’t a book I’ve read show up on my Read Shelf or on my Challenge?
Why I Like Goodreads:
- I have my TBR with me at all times (because I also have the App on my phone)….this comes in handy at a bookstore or at a library.
- If someone recommends a book, I can enter it immediately into Goodreads and not worry later about finding the note I wrote to myself.
- When I sign up for the Challenge, it keeps a running total of books that I read.
- I can organize my books on virtual bookshelves.
- I have a record of the books I read so that I can refresh my memory.
- I can share reviews with IRL friends and virtual friends.
- I can join Goodreads Groups.
I’m NOT a pro, but I can definitely share how I use Goodreads. I know there’s more I can do, but for the moment I’m happy with my level of usage. I know enough to be comfortable.
If you have wanted to use Goodreads but don’t know where to begin maybe this post will be helpful. Most of what I’ve learned has been through trial and error….so don’t be afraid to jump in!
Or if you’re a Pro, please share a tip!