I currently accept books to review on a limited basis as my time and schedule permit. If you’re interested, look through my policy below.
What I prefer to read:
- Fiction: historical fiction, literary fiction, women’s fiction, contemporary fiction
- Nonfiction: memoir and biography
- Please no requests to review paranormal, occult, magical realism, fantasy, graphic novels, vampire, erotica, or books that contain an overuse of offensive language or violent content
- I may consider receiving and reviewing self-published books if I have some space between my reading commitments.
- I prefer ebook format (for Kindle).
- I post reviews of books on my blog that I enjoy reading and can rate 3.5, 4, or 5 stars. If I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend it to a friend or a blog follower I won’t provide a review on my blog. If I don’t end up liking it, you won’t receive a negative public review on my blog; instead, I will email my review to you privately.
- I also post review blurbs on Amazon, Goodreads, and Instagram.
- I will post a review of an advance review copy close to the release date. If you have time frame requirements, please let me know in advance and I’ll consider them.
- You can email me at email@example.com
Blogs posts may contain Amazon affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I can earn a small percentage of your purchase price. This money will be used to offset the costs of running a blog and to sponsor giveaways, etc. Any extra money will be donated to Heartline Ministries in Haiti (supporting maternal health).
Book Cover and author photos that appear in blog posts are credited to Amazon or occasionally from author websites unless it’s a book cover photo I’ve personally taken for Instagram.
My goal through this bog is to offer information about the very best reads, especially new releases . Unless noted, I have purchased all the books I review or I have borrowed them from the library. Occasionally, I receive free books in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
As of July 20, 2017 my Copyright Notice states:
Out of respect and good manners, please do not take or use anything on my blog without written permission. (firstname.lastname@example.org) If I agree you can use the content, I would minimally expect you to supply a link back to my blog.
If you are a WordPress user and want to use the reblog feature to reblog my post, please, out of courtesy, give me a heads up and a linky shout out. If for some reason, I ask you to remove it from your blog, I expect you to honor that request.
Even though I use affiliate links and use WordPress “WordAds” on my site, I make very little money off my blog. I don’t earn enough yet to offset my costs of running my blog. My thoughts and opinions and my hard work mean a great deal to me and I ask you to respect and honor that if you are tempted to use my work as your own.
Just remember, shoot me an email before using anything from the blog!
GDPR and EU Update
I don’t know a great deal about this, so this is my first attempt at meeting these requirements for my EU followers or visitors. GDPR link
Basically, I need to let you know what I do with collected data. (which is good for all followers to know as well!)
As a reader, you can subscribe to my blog by leaving your email address. Once you subscribe, you will receive an email from WordPress with my latest post. If I host a giveaway from time to time, you will have to leave your email for that. What do I do with this data? WordPress receives your email in order for you to receive post updates. If you win a giveaway, I use your email information to contact you. I only use your email information for the purpose you intended and I never sell or give your info to a third party at any time for any purpose.
If you subscribe to my blog and no longer wish to, please click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the blog. Or hit the unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email you receive from WordPress.